OW Debug - Notice
Message: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
File: /home/romarekl/public_html/sosyallift.com/ow_plugins/forum/controllers/topic.php
Line: 136
Opening Adobe illustrator CS5 file in CorelDraw X5 Forum | Sosyallift©

tr
Roma Reklam Aş.
Roma Reklam Aş. Aralık 9 '16
Opening Adobe illustrator CS5 file in CorelDraw X5

I was totally new to graphic design and the best I could do was resize images in MS Paint or use Word 2010. Than I discovered Adobe Illustartor as I needed to make a logo and Letter Head. After breaking my head against my monitor (does not hurt any more) and learning it for 2 weeks, I became sufficiently good enough (if I can be excused to say that) and designed the logo and letterhead. Now it has to go to print.

The problem is that all the commercial printers and the people who use them, HERE use CorelDRAW and not only that but also older versions from 9 to 15. They refuse to take Adobe Illustrator files or even CorelDRAW files above version 12 such as v15 or X5. They refuse to work with PDF files also. No Word 2010 files either. Simply and Only CorelDRAW files of version 9 to 12.

The Adobe Illustrator CS5 does not have options of saving the files in ".cdr" format. And when I import or open the ".ai" file in CorelDRAW X5, many things happen. Color changes of text as well as objects. Some objects do not get displayed. Alignment and positioning gets changed, and many others.

I have taken some steps after reading on the net to make it easier forCorelDRAW X5 to import the ".ai" files. And also tried many things. These include, but are not limited to..

1. Uncheck/disable the "compression" when saving the file in AI-CS5.
  2. Uncheck/disable the "Embed ICC Prile" when saving in AI-CS5.
  3. Convert all text to outlines.
  4. Saving in "SVG", "PDF" all different versions.
  5. Saving in older AI-CS5 Legacy versions.
  6. Exporting the file from AI-CS5 in different file formats.
  7. Importing the file from CD-X5.
  8. Working in RGB Color Mode.

... And many more.

Please note that I can not be expected to fresh learn CD-X5 and abandon AI-CS5 and design from the begining, if that is a "sole" answer. Also my design is simple enough. Attached are 2 pics. One of the logo and the other of the letterhead. Just 3 rounded rectangles filled with 2 color gradients and vectors of animals with styles applied to those animals and with text at the bottom.

The Logohttp://oi44.tinypic.com/ieqs0m.jpg

The LetterHeadhttp://oi41.tinypic.com/1zzj03s.jpg

Please further note (yes! I know, you have heard that many times) that although I was successful in designing (the asthetic beauty of the design is another matter), I am still new to designing. So Color Theroy or Font theroy have not made past me. And I wonder what's the point of having a standard of "SVG" If these so called "Vector Editing Applications" can not handle the files uniformly?

I guess my question is how to either

1. Export/Save/Save As/Place the file from AI-CS5 to CD-X5
  2. Import/Open/Open As/Place the file in CS-X5 from AI-CS5

Without changes being made to it. My objective to to hand over a print ready file to the printing guys.

Thanks in Advance.

Kaynak:forums.adobe.com

Paylaş: